CADW Listed Building Database Record For more information about records from Cadw:
Plas Carew
Unit 5/7 Cefn Coed
Parc Nantgarw
CF15 7QQ

In compliance with the Welsh Assembly's Government's Welsh Language Scheme, the full textual information contained in the listed building descriptions are currently only available on the portal in English. However, it may be viewed in a version with Welsh labels and headings.

Former Chapel at Lluesty Hospital

Street Name and Number: Old Chester Road,
Listed Building Reference: 455
Grade: II
Date Listed: 19/08/1991
Date Amended: 19/08/1991
Co-ordinates: 318937,375054
Community: Holywell
Council: Flintshire
National Park: No

Immediately to N of the main hospital building with E gable end facing the road.

Built 1883-4 as the hospital chapel by John Douglas, architect of Chester. Modern conversion to medical usage.

Altered interior.

Early English Gothic. Rubble masonry with red sandstone dressings; slate roof, overhanging eaves and octagonal shingled fleche; later brick chimney stacks. Stepped 3-light end windows; to W, with relieving arch and set over the main entrance which has label and boarded doors; to E, with giant arch label, flanking buttresses and small outer lancets. Shallow pointed arch windows to 5-bay sides with raking buttresses.

Reason for Listing
Group value with Lluesty Hospital.

Hubbard, "Clwyd", p.374.