CADW Listed Building Database Record For more information about records from Cadw:

philip.hobson@wales.gsi.gov.uk
www.cadw.wales.gov.uk
Plas Carew
Unit 5/7 Cefn Coed
Parc Nantgarw
Cardiff
CF15 7QQ

In compliance with the Welsh Assembly's Government's Welsh Language Scheme, the full textual information contained in the listed building descriptions are currently only available on the portal in English. However, it may be viewed in a version with Welsh labels and headings.

Old Police Station

Street Name and Number: Church Road,
Listed Building Reference: 25694
Grade: II
Date Listed: 15/08/2001
Date Amended: 15/08/2001
Co-ordinates: 324629,368442
Locality: Northop
Community: Northop
Council: Flintshire
National Park: No

Location
The building fronts the road close to the junction with Northop Road (A5119), and faces N towards the church.

History
Dated 1877 and by John Douglas, architect of Chester. Commissioned by John Bankes of the Soughton estate as a police station, court house and newsroom. The former police station was later used as a Public House.

Interior
No access to interior at time of inspection.

Exterior


Reason for Listing
Listed as an exceptional civic building of genuine rural character which displays the sensitivity of the architect John Douglas, in handling vernacular forms and materials.

References
Hubbard, Edward, Buildings of Wales series: Clwyd, 1986, p408.