CADW Listed Building Database Record For more information about records from Cadw:

philip.hobson@wales.gsi.gov.uk
www.cadw.wales.gov.uk
Plas Carew
Unit 5/7 Cefn Coed
Parc Nantgarw
Cardiff
CF15 7QQ

In compliance with the Welsh Assembly's Government's Welsh Language Scheme, the full textual information contained in the listed building descriptions are currently only available on the portal in English. However, it may be viewed in a version with Welsh labels and headings.

ST.ASAPH BRIDGE,HIGH STREET

Street Name and Number: ,
Listed Building Reference: 1445
Grade: II*
Date Listed: 16/11/1962
Date Amended: 24/11/1987
Co-ordinates: 303535,374243
Locality:
Community: St Asaph
Council: Denbighshire
National Park: No

Location


History


Interior


Exterior
1445 Spanning the River Elwy. Built 1770 by Joseph Turner of Chester; modern footbridge added to S (up stream) side. 5-arches of unequal widths, gently ramped coursed rubble bridge with golden sandstone dressings including stringcourses and arch- rings with hoodmoulds; parapet with stone coping. Plain pilasters; low pointed cutwaters to upstream side; decorative iron brace plates to central arch and that to the W of it. Low rubble wall with coping on downstream side continues from the parapet at E end up to the War Memorial and at W end curves around corner and borders the end of The Roe up to the entry to the Penybont Clinic. Scheduled Ancient Monument: FL026 Reference: Hubbard, "Clwyd", p.441.

Reason for Listing


References